Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Introduction

My name is Jonathan Karmak.

I was once a simple Gilnean man, my father an alchemist, my mother a nurse. But, many years ago, a dark curse took that life from me. The Worgen Curse changed me into a raging wolfman -- the desire to hunt, slay and eat so overpowering that I could not control my actions. I lived as that... thing... for years... but now, cleansed of my curse by the Scythe of Elune, I must now make a new life for myself. I must find a way to coexist with the Beast.

I have set about to keep a journal for it is my hope that this contemplative act might serve as a sound anchor for my humanity and soothe this inner rage. Consider it a travel log... a field journal... a memoir, if you will, kept by a gentleman of reason, struggling to maintain control over the feral wildness that threatens to sunder his will. I beg you to bear with me, kind reader, as I struggle to find my voice in this endeavor.

My last glimpse of Gilneas


I now find myself in a foreign land, far removed from my beloved Gilneas. The Night Elves, or Kaldorei, as they call themselves, have welcomed us to their hearths and homes nestled across this savage land. I fear we may never satisfy our debt to them, so great is their kindness to us. Salvation from damnation and destruction... such a generous gift.

The Howling Oak in Darnassus, grown by Druids from an acorn from Gilneas

From Rut'theran Village, I set sail for Stormwind, where my brother Thomas, whom I have not heard from in many years, has made his home. When the Greymane Wall was constructed, I feared I would never see him again. He deserves to know what happened to our family, to know the truth. Maybe then I can return to Kalimdor with a lighter conscience, to lend my modest support to the kaldorei who have suffered so during this recent cataclysm.


The Docks at Rut'theran Village, Teldrassil

No comments:

Post a Comment